Sunday, August 25, 2013

"It's Nice Outside...."


Meet "Honey" - our new 2010 Spree LX, 28' Travel Trailer.  Teehee!

Clyde and Honey

Yep, we're very happy Glampers!

RDB and I picked up our new travel trailer Saturday and spent the day at Huntsville State Park.  I gotta tell ya (and I will, more blog post to come) there is a lot of stuff that comes along with a new camper!  And that's before we've cleared out the Pop-up.
 
Not much to report in this first trip - the weather cooperated, we had a wonderful full-hook-up spot (#4) and went out to eat.  What? I didn't have my cooking utensils!  I did, however, attempt chocolate chip cookies in my new OVEN.  Only took 3 tries to figure out how not to burn the bottom and still have them raw on top (tip: flip the cookies over half way thru the cooking time.  Another tip: get a small(er) spatula to match your super small cookie pan - or just eat smushed cookies - those were good, too)
 
So, how did we get to the point where I'm now burning baking cookies in an oven in a travel trailer at Huntsville SP? 
 
I blame the Internet.  Specifically, PPL.  It's our favorite place to browse and dream about that 'someday when' we'd get a new camper... go to the Darkside... get a pop-UP grade.... 
 
 
 
 
We were talking about it again a few weekends ago, and I jumped out to the site to see what was available.  As a consignment dealer, their inventory turns over often- and that's part of what makes it fun to head out there.  They also do an incredible job of being straightforward with the pricing, have great photos and floor plans online, and are extremely no-pressure when you come out on site.  And I mean, totally no pressure - you check in with Ms. Ann at the desk, let her know you're heading out to the lot - every camper is unlocked and free for the looking thru for as long as you like (they'll even take a ladder out for you to climb on the roof if you want - not that I'd now anything about that).  Come back in when you're ready to buy, and you get pared with a sales guy (Peter was great!) and he'll make the offer-counter-offer-offer-accepted with the owner for you, and that's it - I bought a camper!
 
Who knew 'someday when' would be so close?
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah Jo, Now you're cooking with gas! Come out our way. Three parks in the area everyone should visit. Pedernales SP, Lost Maples SP and Enchanted Rock SP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henry keeps telling me to go visit Lost Maples and I've driven thru Pedernales (beautiful!). I'll add Enchanted Rock to the list... Trust me, I want to vist every park!! Darn j.o.b. keeps getting in the way! ;-)

      Delete