Monday, October 17, 2022

Game Over.

Well, the waiting games are over. 

I found out Monday morning my Sr leader has chosen not to hire me to fill the position I spent the better part of three months covering while my boss was on leave; instead, he's brought in two of his prior colleague/friends to fill the open positions.  

After 17 successful years with this business unit, stepping in to lead both virtual teams for the better part of the summer, and taking the past seven years to focus on gaining the skills and experience needed to be in the right space to take one of those WRL roles, this hurts

On top of that, since my role is being eliminated in the reorganization of our teams, my leadership responsibilities will be stripped from me, my associates distributed across the other leaders' teams, and I have till the end of the year to find another role at the company, step back into an individual contributor role, or take a severance and leave the firm. 

Just. WOW. 

./`./` Behold the bitten apple, the power of the tools
But all the knowledge in the world is of no use to fools
And it's a long road out of Eden." ./`./`

It's a long road out of Eden, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment