Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Misery Sickness and A Crappy New Year

 


So, yeah, the title should tell you a LOT about how our Christmas trip to visit family started out, with misery, sickness, and a really craptastic new year. (Although, as I type this, it's Christmas Day, so maybe things _will_ be different by next week.... but I kinda doubt it!)

(and as I type this, in mid February, I can tell you, nope.  It didn't get much better.

And you might be wondering what's up with the cat up there?  Well, that's Tali, our last pet and geriatric critter.  We decided to bring her along with us since we were going to be gone from home for another long stretch and it just doesn't feel great to leave her at the kennel for so long.  I wrote a post about Cat Camping and all the preparations we made here


........and that's all she wrote, folks.  Well, that's all I wrote during that ill-fated trip, that is.  RDB and I joked at one point, tallying up how many strikes the Universe had against us (Frozen sewer connections, sick cat, the coldest temps we've ever camped in, both of us getting Covid, having to make a decision about taking the severance since my job was eliminated, family drama... and it was only the middle of the trip!) and, as you can see, writing here in mid-Feb, I just didn't have the energy or the heart to get back here and blog about it all.

So, this will be a picture dump of the GOOD times we had. And some of the things that WERE worth remembering.  
















E-sports Virtual Reality Arena  






We were at Cedar Hill State Park, Lakeview Site #187, full hook-ups. The entire loop you'll find people parking their cars on the grass, and in some places along the sides of the roads.  It's not great, but its necessary, unfortunately, as the sites are just a smidge too short.   A GINORMOUS thank you to RDB for getting us up there, four days into what we didn't know was Covid, and right before four days of sub-freezing temps while I battled Covid.  (We made it thru three years of a pandemic without ever contracting it, and this week, of all weeks, we got it. UGH.)  We definitely learned some things about being stuck in a camper with each other, miserably sick, in freezing cold weather, for hours on end and I learned just how much my hubby truly loves me and is willing to do to take me camping (happy wife, happy life.... and camping makes me happy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment